You know what is one of the best-est things to do in life? To take a holiday with someone you love. To spend all your waking hours in the company of that one person you are madly in love with: priceless. And if you are going to do that, you should have nothing but the best. Here are some of the best romantic getaways lovers can dream of:
1. Tuscany in Italy-While the much celebrated cities of Venice and Rome are brimming with culture and people, the beautiful region of Tuscany is quiet and breathtaking. It is an artist’s creation—the quaint villages, medieval architecture, castles, churches – Florence is the go-to place here. Tuscany is blessed with a Mediterranean coastline which means beaches and clear waters are in plenty here. Apart from green rolling mounds, a pleasant sunny weather, it is also a land of natural spas. Most romantic thing to do: Rent a cottage and experience the simple life with your partner. Best for: those who love countryside walks and long drives.
2. Paris-The city of light with its beautiful architecture and sophisticated way of life is the best place to enjoy a wintry evening with a lover. Paris does not disappoint – from a high-end restaurant overlooking the illuminated Eiffel Tower to a small outdoor café, romance here can be felt in the air. A visit to the Chateau de Versailles, former residence of the King of France, is recommended. Most romantic thing to do: A horse carriage ride across the city Best for: those who like to do it in style.
3. Auckland, New Zealand-Where in the world will you find stunning natural beauty, dense rainforests, islands, caves, a culture of fine wine, and no one to disturb? It is this small country tucked away in the east. A ferry to Waiheke will take you to a land of blue beaches and sprawling vineyards. And in case you are looking for some pampering, head to Rotorua, home to hot springs and mineral pools. Plenty of resorts offering couple’s spa and massages here. Most romantic thing to do: Cycling along a vineyard trail, sipping champagne on a balloon ride, or a horse-ride along Muriwai Beach. There are three Best for: those who like to be adventurous in love.
4. Kashmir-Kashmir is India’s original love destination and one of the top tourist destinations of India. The name itself evokes images of red chinar flowers all around, shikaras carpeted with Kashmiri silk floating on the Dal Lake, and beautiful people skittering across grassy slopes. Srinagar, Pahalgam, and Gulmarg are the places to go to. The drive along the banks of River Lidder in Gulmarg is straight from a painting. Most romantic thing to do: A Shikara ride, what else? Best for: those who can’t get enough of each other, and are Bollywood fans.
5. Bora Bora-It’s so beautiful, tucked away in a far corner of the globe in the Pacific Ocean, Bora Bora is a rare gem. It is like discovering a new paradise on earth, unspoiled by humans. A bright green cover courtesy tropical weather, turqiose blue clear waters, exotic flowers dotting the landscape – more than what a couple can ask for. Luxury bungalows and villas, many built right in the water, add to the already perfect picture. Without doubt, it is a lovers’ island. Most romantic thing to do: Watching the sunset on a catamaran sailboat. Best for: those who do not like to be disturbed.
6. Prague-It’s everything a fairytale city is made of. Ancient castles untouched by time, a quiet river filled with white swans, bridges lined with old-style lampposts. Much like love, the city mellows you down with its old-world charm. The cultural scene here is vibrant and the city sees a good mix of music, art, fine dining, and sophistication. Most romantic thing to do: A river cruise with a jazz concert aboard. Best for: those who fancy a fairytale romance.
7. Bali-Succulent fruits, bright fragrant flowers, awe-inspiring temples, and breathtaking sunsets; Bali offers a long coastline, tropical jungles, and some world class spas. There are resorts that offer traditional massage and spa for couples. Another thing the land specializes in is the cuisine. A perfect treat for all the senses. Most romantic thing to do: Hiring a private villa overlooking the river in Ubud. Best for: those who fancy Oriental charm.
You’ve found the love of your life, and now it’s time to plan your dream destination wedding or honeymoon. Delta Vacations Romance will help you choose the best destination wedding and honeymoon vacations to fit your needs and budget in some of the world’s most beautiful destinations. Enter to win a romantic vacation for two.