Love is in the air with Delta Vacations this February. Each week during the month of February we will focus on a different theme around love and at the end of each week we are giving away a vacation package for two. Enter the sweepstakes here. To kick things off we are highlighting honeymoons. If you were one of the many couples to get engaged over the holidays you will be glad to know that when you book a honeymoon package through Delta Vacations you will receive complimentary honeymoon amenities such as room upgrades, champagne, and more. I’ve put together a list of top honeymoon resorts for 2014.
1) Sandals Grande St. Lucian – St. Lucia – This 3 story British palace style resort is located on its own peninsula. It sits on one mile of the most beautiful beach with views of volcanic mountains. This all-inclusive, adults only resort like all other Sandals resorts includes non-motorized watersports during your stay, including scuba diving if you are certified.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Bottled of chilled sparkling wine, turn-down service including fresh flower petals, and breakfast in bed served with fresh flowers.
2) Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe – Riviera Maya, Mexico This all-inclusive luxury resort is located just south of Playa del Carmen in Riviera Maya. Honeymoon here and you will have access to all the 5 properties in the Maya resort complex. That gives you access to 21 restaurants, 14 bars, 3 theaters, 12 pools, and so much more!
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Bottle of domestic champagne, fruit basket, continental breakfast in bed, and upgrade to ocean view room.
3) Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – This is one of the more unique hotels in the Caribbean. The Hard Rock suites have private balconies, hydro spa tub, dual showers, plush bathrobes and slippers. The best part about staying here is the sound of your stay program which offers a choice of 20 fender guitars to jam out on.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Mini honeymoon cake, bottle of sparking house wine, Honeymoon dinner, In room breakfast, Jacuzzi experience, Welcome note from Colin Cowie.
4) Couples Swept Away – Negril, Jamaica – One of the best adult only, all-inclusive resorts in Negril is Couples Swept Away. Located on seven miles of white sand beach you are sure to experience paradise here. Try one of the Atrium Suite rooms that don’t have TVs to detract from the serenity of your island getaway.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: 25 minute his-and-her massage and bottle of sparkling wine.
5) THE ROYAL – Playa del Carmen, Mexico – If you want a luxurious honeymoon THE ROYAL has it. It’s an adults only, all-suite all-inclusive resort located in the heart of Playa del Carmen within walking distance to the famous 5th avenue shopping and dining district. Book a couples massage on the beach for extra romance.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Bottle of sparkling wine, special flower petal decoration on bed, sweetheart cake for two, special discounts on spa treatments.
6) Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica – Jamaica is one of the most popular honeymoon locations and it’s no surprise that Secrets Wild Orchid is one of the best honeymoon resorts. The elegant ocean view accommodations have stunning views. Take advantage of their Unlimited-Luxury which includes 24-hour concierge services and numerous amenities.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Bottle of sparkling wine, 25- minute tension release massage for 2, Private beachfront dinner, fresh fruit, breakfast in bed with mimosas, 15 % discount on all treatments.
7) Excellence – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – Another adults-only, all-suite all-inclusive resort on the list. Excellence has pools that wind through the whole resort which means you are always just a few steps from the water. With 8 international restaurants and 10 bars you won’t even need to leave the resort.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Basket of fresh fruit, 1 bottle of sparkling wine, 1 special romantic dinner, champagne breakfast in bed, rose petals in room upon arrival, 15% discount on all spa treatments.
8) Royal Hawaiian – Waikiki, Hawaii – This hotel has a legendary reputation as “The Pink Palace of the Pacific.” Located on Waikiki beach, this hotel was built in 1927 and remains an icon for luxury and romance in Hawaii today. Cabanas are offered at both the beach and pool which offer a relaxing way to spend the afternoons!
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Bottle of sparkling wine, and 1-room category upgrade.
9) Dreams – Los Cabos, Mexico – A popular honeymoon destination for those on the west coast is Los Cabos. Dreams resort is one of the crown jewels of the Baja Peninsula as it embraces the elegance of the traditional Colonial Mexican design. Every room in this all-inclusive all suite resort has ocean views and private furnished balconies. The smallest suite is more than 650 square feet.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: 1 bottle of sparkling wine, fresh fruit, special turn down service, breakfast in bed with mimosas, 15% discount on all spa treatments.
10) RIU Palace – Guanacaste, Costa Rica – Costa Rica is a honeymoon destination for those looking for an adventure. This 24 hour all-inclusive resort offers 4 swimming pools and a variety of activities on the beach. Adventurous couples will enjoy zip lining or a visit to the National Park Rincon de la Vieja.
Complimentary honeymoon amenities*: Surprise welcome gift, bottle of wine, fruit plate, breakfast in bed, complimentary upgrade to next room category.
To start planning your honeymoon getaway, visit Delta Vacations for even more recommendations on the best destinations to celebrate your new beginning. To enter the Love Is In The Air sweepstakes click here.