If you ever need a break from all the fun in the theme parks and water parks, you’ll find plenty of other activities to do at Walt Disney World® Resort. Take a look at our video and suggestions for things to do beyond the parks at Walt Disney World!
- First let’s mention all the fantastic pools at the hotels. One of my favorites is the one at Disney’s Polynesian resort. I just love the atmosphere, you feel like being in the middle of the Pacific.
- For relaxation, schedule a spa at one of the deluxe Disney Resort hotels.
- For golfers, there are some championship golf courses like Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, and it’s always a good idea to reserve your tee times ahead of time.
- For outdoor lovers, The Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort offer lots of options. There’s horseback riding,lots of watersports on the lake, like boating, waterskiing, fishing, even parasailing.
- You an also rent sail boats or canoes at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Feeling like going shopping, head out to the Downtown Disney area, where you’ll find the biggest Disney store in the world!
- Downtown Disney is also the home of La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil. What a fantastic show. When you select your show tickets, don’t necessarily choose too close to the stage. There is so much going on everywhere on stage, you’ll want a good view of everything.
- Right on Magic Kingdom property, there’s the Richard Petty Driving Experience. You can either ride along or takes some classes and then drive yourself around the track. And brand new – the option of riding an exotic car. I did the ride along and what a thrill that was!
Doesn’t all this sound fun? Next time you visit Walt Disney World, try to experience some of these options , plan some ahead by reserving them in advance and you’ll be happy to discover another side of of the ‘happiest place on earth’!
- Gigi from Delta Vacations