In this episode of Cubicle Travel Tips our Paris expert, Gigi, is giving us some great travel tips to Paris. In this video we cover everything from where to go, key phrases in French, tips on cheaper meals, etc… Make sure you watch!
Here are some of Gigi’s tips:
- Don’t be afraid to be a tourist! Do the touristy attractions while in Paris because that is what makes Paris famous. Go to the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs-Elysees, Montmartre and Sacre-Coeur, Place du Tertre, and the Louvre.
- Buy a museum pass! These work for all 60 museums and you can skip the long lines and it will even save you money!
- Key Phrases:
- “Parlez-vous Anglais?” “Do you speak English?”
- “Ou est le metro?” “Where is the subway?”
- Gauche means “left” Droite means “right”
- “Merci” “Thank you!”
- Go outside of Paris! Visit Versailles since it is so close to Paris! If you love Monet you’ve got to see his home and gardens in Giverny! But you MUST go see Mont St. Michel and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Take advantage of lunch menus! Food can get pricey but if you take advantage of the lunch menus at the cafes and bistros and select the “plat du jour” (meal of the day) you’ll save some money without missing out on the great cuisine!
- Take a boat cruise at night! Take a boat cruise along the Seine River at night to see the city all lit up. You’ll understand why they call Paris the “City of lights!”
- Sean from Delta Vacations