Destination weddings are a fun and memorable alternative to traditional weddings. You, your fiancé, and your closest friends and family celebrating your marriage together in a tropical location, what’s not to love? According to TheKnot.com, about twenty-four percent of all couples were married in destination weddings in 2010, up almost five percent from the previous year.
Destination weddings are one of the hottest trends in the wedding industry as more couples realize how stress-free and rewarding planning a destination wedding can be. They are a great solution for families spread throughout the United States or the perfect excuse for a fun getaway.
Don’t know where to start? Delta Vacations has you covered, we can help you plan travel to some of the top resorts and make your big day everything you’ve always hoped for. Here are some of the most popular (and romantic) resorts for destination weddings:
- Known for embodying romance, Sandals Resorts provide the ultimate destination wedding experience. You can be certain that these luxurious, all-inclusive couples resorts will accommodate your every need and ensure that all of the details are perfect when it comes time to say “I do.” With 7 breath-taking resorts in Jamaica, 3 in the Bahamas, another 3 hotels in St. Lucia, and 1 in Antigua, Sandals lets you choose the resort that suits you and your guests best. Cleverly titled “Weddingmoons,” weddings at Sandals give you an easy-to-use process for planning your wedding and vacation, with help every step of the way. On top that, certain wedding packages are free with your stay and you can choose additional touches to customize your wedding. Recently, Martha Stewart partnered with Sandals to create 6 elegant wedding themes available exclusively through Sandals. Also, keep in mind that you do not necessarily have to have your ceremony on the beach; most Sandals resorts also offer a garden or gazebo location.
- Couples Resorts is the go-to for those seeking to have their wedding at a luxury resort in Jamaica. Couples offers 4 resorts on the island in Ocho Rios and Negril—each with its own, unique vibe that stays true to Caribbean culture. Couples is committed to making your wedding experience perfect in every aspect. As an adults-only, all-inclusive resort, Couples knows a thing or two about romance. In order to live up to its promise of perfection, Couples provides a dedicated wedding planner to make all of the necessary arrangements, leaving you free to enjoy the serenity of Jamaica. Every resort offers a complimentary “One Love” wedding package in addition to several other packages that can be customized to fit every style and budget. To prepare you for your big day, each resort offers a state-of-the-art spa to provide maximum relaxation. In fact, the Couples Tower Isle resort in Ocho Rios was voted the second best hotel spa in the Caribbean by Travel + Leisure Magazine, so it is definitely worth checking out! To keep you and your guests entertained, Couples also offers complimentary off-site excursions, including catamaran cruises, glass-bottom boat trips, unlimited golf green fees, scuba diving, and more.
- With 11 five-star, all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, Palace Resorts is a top pick for destination weddings. These resorts are located along some of the most sought-after stretches of oceanfront in Mexico and would be the perfect place for your unforgettable wedding. Unlike the previously mentioned resorts, almost every Palace resort is family friendly, making it an ideal option for those of your guests who want to bring the kids. Trip Advisor recently voted Le Blanc, a Palace resort in Cancun, one of the top ten best all-inclusive resorts in the world. Palace has also teamed up with celebrity event designer Colin Cowie, whose clients include Oprah and Jennifer Lopez, to create 8 chic wedding packages available at any of the 11 resorts. Optional services such as a fireworks display or horse-drawn carriage ride (amazing) can also be added. Palace also offers wedding group benefits to ensure you are getting the most for your money. The more rooms you book, the more benefits you receive—such as complimentary nights and private cocktail functions. Couples are also eligible for a $1,500 resort credit with a stay of at least 5 nights.
- Located in Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic, Barceló Hotels & Resorts is sure to have a resort that appeals to you. It could be the Dominican Republic, with its Mediterranean-inspired resorts; the sapphire waters of Mexico; or even the lush tropics of Costa Rica. Barceló offers its wedding planning services in all locations and ensures that your day will be stress-free and unforgettable. Barceló offers 2 packages to choose from, each with a decorated beachfront location. The package also comes with a wedding cake, bridal bouquet, and a couple’s massage. Each resort provides the perfect combination of relaxation and excitement with daily entertainment and activities such as beach volleyball and water polo to ensure you and your guests will never be bored.
- Looking for an exotic location, with white-sand beaches and sparkling blue water? Karisma Hotels & Resorts are you answer. Featuring 7 stunning resorts located in Mexico’s Rivera Maya, Karisma is a top choice for destination weddings. Karisma owns two lines of resorts, El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels, for adults only, and AZUL Hotels, for the entire family, thereby allowing you to choose which suits your wedding party best. Karisma caters to your every need with their wedding services. They have several ceremony sites, including the beach, a gazebo, a beachfront chapel, and even a private rooftop deck with dazzling sea views. A complimentary wedding package is also available with your stay, with additional upgrades available. To help plan the big day, Karisma provides an on-site wedding coordinator and planner. Karisma Resorts are “gourmet inclusive” and are known for their delicious, freshly prepared food. So you can rest assured that your guests will not go hungry during your stay!
Any of these 5 resort brands will create a memorable and enjoyable experience for you and your guests; choosing which one is up to you. Happy planning!
Also check out: Caribbean Journal’s 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Weddings