After months of wedding planning and preparation, a honeymoon is one of the most highly anticipated trips you’ll ever take.
From beach to adventure, the options are endless. Here are a few tips to help with the process:
9 Tips for a Perfect Honeymoon:
- Time & Budget. The two biggest considerations are time and budget. You won’t want to spend long amounts of time traveling if your entire honeymoon is less than seven days. If you can afford to go for longer, say 10-14 days, consider destinations outside of North America.
- Honeymoon Registry. Set up a honeymoon registry where your wedding guests can contribute to the expenses! They’ll love gifting you with an unforgettable experience such as a special dinner or activity.
- Maiden Name?. Attention brides! If your passport is issued in your maiden name, make sure the information on your air and hotel reservations match your passport and any other required travel documentation.
- Pamper Yourself. Fly first-class or upgrade your room to a suite or by considering hotels that cater to honeymoon couples.
- Not So Fast. Make sure to leave at least one day in between your wedding day and honeymoon trip. Most flights leave in the early morning, so you’ll want to make sure you have everything and give yourself enough time to get to the airport.
- What to Wear? Plan your honeymoon trousseau in advance to ensure everything is cleaned, pressed and coordinated.
- Bring Proof. Bring a copy of your marriage certificate. Some hotels require proof of marriage to take advantage of special amenities exclusive for honeymooning couples.
- Go All-Inclusive Going to Mexico or the Caribbean? Go for the all-inclusive honeymoon package! With your food, beverages, accommodations, and amenities taken care of, it’ll be one less thing on your mind as you travel.
- Relax! Don’t plan too many activities, you’ll appreciate having time to relax and unwind.
Have fun! Rain or shine, elaborate or quaint, your honeymoon will be a trip to remember!
Start your Honeymoon Planning today with Delta Vacations.