Happy New Year everyone! My New Year’s resolution this year is a little different than what I usually do, (you know the “I need to eat better, hit the gym, be more organized”…) this year my resolution is 2-fold: 1. Travel more and 2. To golf every month this year. For those of you in warm states that probably doesn’t sound that hard but I live in Minnesota or as we like to call it, Minne-snow-ta, so it’s a little difficult to golf November – April.
But let’s focus on my list of places to visit in 2011:
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – The beaches here are some of the best in the world! Not to be outdone by the beaches, the hotels in Punta Cana are beautiful as well. Punta Cana is quickly becoming a top destination for beach getaway…especially for all-inclusive vacations.
- Europe – I guess I am open to going anywhere in Europe, as I have never been, but I am thinking I want to hit either London, Ireland, Paris, or Amsterdam this year. The history in all of these places is what intrigues me the most. Plus, if I go to Ireland I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and golf at some of the oldest and most historic courses in the world!
- Walt Disney World® Resort – I realize that this isn’t quite as exotic as Punta Cana or as historic as Europe but I love Walt Disney World®! Once you are there you feel like you are a million miles away from the real world. I can’t wait to go back and act like a kid again!
- Antigua, Guatemala – I was there a few years ago for a month studying and I’ve wanted to go back ever since I returned. The culture, the people, and the scenery are so amazing. . I just love the cobblestone streets/sidewalks leading to city centers with fountains and old churches with mountains and volcanoes in the background. Lake Atitlan (Google images) is probably the most beautiful place I have ever been.
- Of course, Mexico – I love going down to Mexico for a nice relaxing getaway and just hanging out on the beach and the by the pool. The Riviera Maya area (just south of Cancun) is my favorite place to go to escape reality, stare at the aqua blue waters and enjoy the all-inclusive vacation life.
That’s the top of my list for places to visit in 2011. Hopefully, I’ll have some good posts for you from these destinations and if I can get to all of these places, 2011 will be a great year! Is there anywhere that you think I should add to my list? I would love to have you all join me in this journey to travel more in 2011 and here your stories! Where do you want to go in 2011?
- Sean from Delta Vacations